Trevor travels around the world playing piano and singing in various bars, restaurants and hotels These are his musings from his often interesting, amusing or mundane lifestyle...

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Back in Germany

Yesterday I arrived back in Germany.

That flight really is horrifically long. Especially since I was trapped in the middle seat in Economy class. With my legs. And a snorer next to me. At least the Entertainment System worked this time.

Movies: History Boys (awesome!), Perfume (the first 20 minutes before it annoyed me), The Queen (surprisingly gripping from the start), Razzle Dazzle (again! I love that movie), Happy Feet (just a little to see what the fuss was about), Stranger Than Fiction (which I basically slept through).

Even though I was feeling sad and stressed about leaving Australia again, stepping off the plane in Frankfurt made me feel instantly at ease. I feel so comfortable in Europe, particularly Germany and I am now really excited about this year’s travels.

Things I love about being back in Germany:
  • Bratwurst – best fast food snacks ever
  • Sparkling Apple Juice – and the blackcurrant version (though rare) is even better
  • Trains – so efficient and clean and well organized… just easy
  • People speaking German – even though I don’t understand everything, it’s not a foreign language to me anymore.
  • Music and culture – it’s everywhere – walking through Frankfurt to come across children’s music classes outside the cathedral in amongst some old ruins, for example (I especially love the boy climbing the wall!)

    music lesson (sml)



  • Cheap hotel rooms with comfy beds and incredible breakfasts
  • Drinking beer on the street in the afternoon

It will be interesting to see if I feel the same way about The Netherlands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home