Trevor travels around the world playing piano and singing in various bars, restaurants and hotels These are his musings from his often interesting, amusing or mundane lifestyle...

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Home on the Valor

I knew it would be a good contract when the security guys (who I'd never met before) greeted me with "Welcome Home". Though this is only a short contract, it felt really good to be coming back onto a ship again. My second contract with Carnival is far less scary than my first and it feels really comfortable and familiar to be straight back into ship life.

The Valor is a huge ship - one of the biggest in Carnival's fleet and also the second newest. It is a beautiful ship and it does a really good run. This week we have already been in Belize, Honduras and Grand Cayman. Tomorrow we are in Cozumel, Mexico before docking in Miami on Sunday. And that's just one of the 3 different 7 day itineraries this ship does!

My cabin on here is great - I have a porthole, a fridge and everything! It will take a while to get to know the other crew members, but everyone has been really friendly and helpful so far.

It's so nice to be doing this sort of high energy gig again too - really good responsive crowds and it all feels really good - the bar on here is much better than on the Paradise (my last ship), and the revolve works which is always fun. Its also a really good schedule - 10pm - 2am most nights so its real party stuff which I love!

I am pretty sure this time will fly and then on the 19th March I start the epic journey back to Australia for a few months.

I'll post some pics of the ship and my bar in the next few days!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

hi there! We are going to be sailing on the Valor on February 11th, and look forward to singing along with you at the piano bar. :) Did a google search to see if I could find out who the current entertainment was, and I am glad I came across your blog.

See you soon!

6:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home