Trevor travels around the world playing piano and singing in various bars, restaurants and hotels These are his musings from his often interesting, amusing or mundane lifestyle...

Saturday, June 02, 2007

2 months back in Australia

Finally, I am updating this thing. It’s amazing how it just seems like the right thing to do on a long train ride in Germany. Yes, I am back in Germany after 2 months in Australia that have just flown by. It was so great to catch up with so many friends while I was back and it never felt enough. To those that I missed seeing, I’m really sorry – next time, I promise!

I managed to do so much while I was there, and no doubt I will leave some things out, but here are some of the things that stand out in my memory:

- spending 3 weeks in Perth with my friend Sarah and her newborn little girl, Bethany. I’m not one to get clucky, but this really is a cute photo of me and Bethany

me and bethany (sml)



- my parents’ 50th Wedding Anniversary celebrations – quality family time

- Weddings – Congratulations Anita and Mike, Nat and Tom, Nicola and Scott, Sarah and James – I had a blast at all of them and it was such an honour to be there

- Melbourne Comedy Festival – the city is so alive! Phil Nicolls, One Man Star Wars, Barry award winning Daniel Kitson

- Welcome Home BBQ in Melbourne and Perth – good food, wine, beer and great company – thanks to everyone for dropping in

- just hanging out with my housemates – you guys are the best… though that last night out was a bit surreal… (free flowing Moet will do that, I guess!)

- getting to see friends perform – Scott and Reuben in great cabaret shows, Jocelyn in the opera, Vanessa in Passion, Nick D singing Messiah, Caity doing her acoustic thang…

- hearing Australian accents all the time

- Yarraville – I miss the village already

- Cheap beer night at the Prince and Thursdays at the Commercial


I actually found it really tough to leave this time. Even though I was back for 2 months, it didn’t feel enough. There are so many people that I only saw for a short time and didn’t get to properly reconnect with. I am really looking forward to settling back in Melbourne, even though I’m not sure exactly when that will be. That place really is home for me. I felt ill packing up on Tuesday morning (and it wasn’t a hangover!) and was really nervous about heading off again. But now I am here, it is feeling right and good again and I am looking forward to this year’s adventures.

My schedule (which will be on a website at some point soon, though I have been promising that for over a year now…) is:

June: Amsterdam, Netherlands – Maxim’s Piano Bar
July: Laengenfeld, Austria – Aqua-Dome Therme and Hotel
Aug: Dresden, Germany – Ayers Rock Restaurant
Sept: Travemuende, Germany – A-Rosa Hotel
Oct: Laengenfeld, Austria – Aqua-Dome Therme and Hotel
Nov: Bolzano, Italy: Parkroyal Hotel
Dec: Dresden, Germany – Bussmans Brasil Restaurant


If anyone is in Europe this year, it would be great to see you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Casting Producer said...

And on which day did we become re-acquainted with our colorist? Or are you going to try to tell us that the Australian sun turned those strawberry blonde locks a glowing new shade? You look faboo, dah-ling!

5:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home