Trevor travels around the world playing piano and singing in various bars, restaurants and hotels These are his musings from his often interesting, amusing or mundane lifestyle...

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Book – A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian
Marina Lewycka


This was the third of the set of books I bought in Dresden and to be honest, I only really finished it just so I could say that I’d actually finished all three books. It tells the story of an old man who plans to marry a much younger Ukrainian women to help her stay in England, and the ensuing battle with his daughters to stop him. It is written as a humourous book, but I actually found it fairly dull and uninteresting. This was a book that passed time and I was quite happy to leave it on the bookshelf in the apartment in Dresden. Probably enough said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home