Trevor travels around the world playing piano and singing in various bars, restaurants and hotels These are his musings from his often interesting, amusing or mundane lifestyle...

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Accidental Tourist


Sometimes there is a reason that your travel plans go awry and things work out better than the original plan.

Last Monday I travelled to Munich for my day off. After carefully planning my train schedule and after getting up at 6.30am to be on a bus by 7.30am (a huge challenge for me - mornings are really not my strong point) I decided to go for a wander in Innsbruck and mistimed my journey back to the train station, only to see my carefully planned train to Munich leave as I reached the platform. I consulted the timetable and found there was another train for Munich leaving in a few minutes, so things weren't as bad as they seemed. Although, this train took an extra hour to get there!

I resigned myself to the extra long journey and boarded the train, only to be pleasantly surprised as the train started out to find that this route went up through the alps into some of the most amazing country ever. It was a really picturesque journey and made the extra time feel so much more worthwhile.

view from train (sml)

To quote Sound of Music (which I have been doing a lot lately - Salzburg affected me in ways beyond comprehension) "When God closes a door, he opens a window..." Cheesy, but in this case true!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home