Trevor travels around the world playing piano and singing in various bars, restaurants and hotels These are his musings from his often interesting, amusing or mundane lifestyle...

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hilarious Gig Happenings

OK, I know I've gone overboard with starting my blog, but these 2 things are the reasons I decided I had to start blogging anyway.

My gigs this week have had a few unusual guests...

Firstly, on Saturday night, there were the guys in lederhosen standing at the bar all night. I mean I am in Austria, so I guess its reasonably normal, but for me, it was very distracting trying to play all night with men in hilarious outfits standing just to my right drinking lots of beer... Many people have suggested that I need to try some on while I'm in Austria. These guys inspired me to never wear lederhosen in my life under any circumstances... not a great look. And I don't think I have the legs for them...

The second one is a girl that has been in the bar last night and tonight. She is probably 12 years old, and clearly likes to dance. And wear leggings. Tonight's ensemble was entirely bright pink, while yesterdays were mulit-coloured leggings with a bright green tshirt. Now I am playing in the foyer of a 5 star hotel - not a normal dancing venue. But clearly she has decided that my show is not complete without a bit of movement. Normally this wouldn't worry me, but she seems to have taken all of her moves from watching Fame or Flashdance many times over and throwing in a bit of Britney Spears film clip dancing. She used the pole in the foyer quite a lot. And several chairs. And I had to keep a straight face through it all.

The things we piano players do!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon now Trev, I'm sure Howl Fat 'n' Gay had a few sights like that.... and we both know Chaddy had that lady who thought she was Irene Cara mark 2! Check out www.flashbeer.com.au for a bit of Aussie flashdancing..... you'll be homesick! Caroline xx

7:09 AM

 
Blogger rovert74 said...

That really is the funniest thing, possibly ever... and is surprisingly close to how the girl in my bar was dancing. And you're right, I really should be used to it from the old Howl At The Moon days... ah the memories (for those of you that didn't work there, Fat 'n' Gay was how the Chadstone Howl team referred to Fountain Gate... back in the day...)

3:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home