Trevor travels around the world playing piano and singing in various bars, restaurants and hotels These are his musings from his often interesting, amusing or mundane lifestyle...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

James Taylor and Me
Tonight I got paid a massive compliment by one of the audience members in the bar. She told me that I sound just like James Taylor. I was pretty pleased with this cos I love the smooth buttery voice of Mr Taylor. This hasn't always been the case, though (or so I claimed).

When I was younger, my brother-in-law was a huge James Taylor fan and I used to taunt him about listening to elevator music because of it. Now as an obnoxious teenager, I'm really not sure I even knew who James Taylor was, let alone knew what he sang. I just knew that it was a good way to taunt my brother-in-law (and you all thought I was such a nice child...)

Of course, I later discovered his greatest hits album and quickly learned to love the man's voice and his songs - there is something about putting that album on that automatically makes you feel calm and happy. There was a period when it was on very high rotation in the car stereo.

Now, several James Taylor songs have worked their way into my repertoire - Fire and Rain being my favourite to sing. In fact, it was while I was singing it tonight that one of the patrons said quite loudly "He sounds just like James Taylor!" I was very flattered indeed but I suspect that my brother-in-law might snigger a little.

And rightly so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home