Trevor travels around the world playing piano and singing in various bars, restaurants and hotels These are his musings from his often interesting, amusing or mundane lifestyle...

Friday, October 19, 2007

No Kangaroos in Austria

There may not be kangaroos here, but there are plenty of t-shirts that say that!

So, this is my 3rd time working at the Aqua-Dome in the Tyrol region of Austria. The alps are still beautiful and it's still located in a really small village without much to do. And that is exactly what I have been doing... a whole lot of not-much... which is why I haven't updated this blog in nearly 3 weeks. There were 2 weeks of not drinking after Oktoberfest. I have been riding my bike back and forth to work from the apartments again (twice through the snow, even!). I have been reading a lot, watching lots of DVDs (Love My Way and Grey's Anatomy Season 2), learning new songs to add to my repertoire and working on my German and starting on Italian (though the only textbook I could buy is in German, so it is a slow process!). It is starting to get cold now. Tomorrow's forecast is for a maximum of 0 degrees and a minimum of -5. It is snowing a little bit in the valley and seemingly quite a lot on the mountains.

Last time I was here, I started writing this blog (happy birthday travelling piano!) and I think my most popular post was about the Milk-o-mat. I have really enjoyed using it again! But now there is an added pleasure. Right next to the Milk-o-mat is the village noticeboard, pictured below. These guys never fail to make me giggle a little bit. Tyrol is a very special place... (such a shame I missed both events!)



On Monday, I am going to Zurich overnight. I am sure I will have something more interesting to write about after that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home