Trevor travels around the world playing piano and singing in various bars, restaurants and hotels These are his musings from his often interesting, amusing or mundane lifestyle...

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Working at A-Rosa, Travemuende

I thought it might be a good idea to write a little about my work schedule here at the A-Rosa Hotel in Travemuende. I play 6 nights a week from 7pm till 11pm. 4 sets of approximately 45 minutes. Most nights I play in the small piano bar which is in the old part of the building and next to the gourmet restaurant.



Normally, there is only a small number of people in the bar, who come in for a quiet drink before or after dinner. Quiet different from Howl at the Moon, or my gigs on the the ships.

On a Sunday night, the piano bar is closed and I play in the main foyer bar of the hotel. This is much more modern in style and has a larger audience (though I am still mostly playing background music!)



Other than that, I stay in one of the hotel rooms and eat all of my meals in the buffet restaurant with the hotel guests. The food is fantastic! I have full access to the guest facilities, so am trying to spend some time in the gym just to balance all of the good food!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't think I've seen you in a suit and tie since the St Kev's days! Very smooth. You might be amused to know that a party of 10 booked at Hogs Breath, so Christian and other staff set the tables etc, and then when they walked in, said 'Oh, we thought this was still Howl At The Moon" and promptly walked out again! Staff, including Christian (who is officially known there as Tiny Tot as he is now a shade under 6'5") were less than impressed!! You sound pretty happy again, which is great.

4:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home