Trevor travels around the world playing piano and singing in various bars, restaurants and hotels These are his musings from his often interesting, amusing or mundane lifestyle...

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Big news

It looks like The Travelling Piano is finally nearing its end.

I have been offered an amazing teaching job back in Melbourne and decided to accept it and settle back at home. I have cancelled my contract to work on the Elation with Carnival cruise lines in January and will be heading home in mid-January after a month in Italy and another month in Dresden. I am still deciding whether to do a little bit more travelling in early January.

I will be teaching at Melbourne High School which is an all-boys government school with an incredible music department, starting at the end of January. It will only be a part time position (between 3 and 4 days a week) so that I can work on some other things as well as teaching. My teaching load is still being determined, but it should include some VCE classes and some music technology classes as well as taking the unauditioned choir (with about 70 boys!)

It feels like a really good decision and I am really looking forward to coming home again after 2 years on the road!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home