Trevor travels around the world playing piano and singing in various bars, restaurants and hotels These are his musings from his often interesting, amusing or mundane lifestyle...

Thursday, August 02, 2007

10 Hours and 5 Trains later...

I've arrived back in Dresden.

What an epic journey though. With connections in Innsbruck, Munich, Nurnberg and Leipzig, I was sure something would go wrong somewhere. But it didn't! Everything ran very smoothly, all the trains ran on time, I was able to carry the 3 bags containing my entire life between the platforms in time (even in Munich which has a really horrible train station with long platforms) and now I'm back.

It's amazing what a difference it makes to be back in a city where I have worked before. It already feels so comfortable after a day. There is no settling-in period to try and find all the necessities (like an internet cafe, a book shop, a CD shop and the nearest H&M Clothing store... oh yeah and a supermarket... just shows my priorities).

I started work last night and had a great gig (I even made 20 Euro in tips which is almost as much as I made in my whole month at Aqua Dome) and so am now looking forward to a great month!

And just to make all of my Melbourne friends jealous, did I mention that it's really warm here today? :-)

For those of you who are wondering what H&M is, it's a cheap but cool Swedish clothing label and I am totally addicted to their clothes at the moment. Today I bought a jumper, a short sleeved short, some leather sandals and a linen shirt for under 50 Euros! Value! I hear they are opening a store in Melbourne soon - check it out!

Oh, and for anyone that reads this that isn't on facebook, get onto it - I'm totally addicted and much better at staying in touch with people on there than with regular email.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"short sleeved short" :)

3:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home