Trevor travels around the world playing piano and singing in various bars, restaurants and hotels These are his musings from his often interesting, amusing or mundane lifestyle...

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Typical Austrian Behaviour

Apologies for neglecting my blog a little recently, I have been struggling with my new addiction to Facebook...

I am fascinated at the moment by the over-the-top punctuality of Austrians (and I am probably including a lot of Germans in this as well).

At this gig, I play 2 sets before dinner and 3 sets after dinner. The restaurant is immediately next to the bar I play in and the logic is that people come in for before dinner drinks and then for after dinner drinks.

Dinner is available in the restaurant from 7pm to 9pm and is included in the cost of the hotel, so it never ceases to amaze me how the German and Austrian guests flood into the dining room at exactly 7pm. Often they wait in the bar just outside the door to the restaurant until it is open. It strikes me as so strange. I would be the one waltzing in around 8.30pm or so (or more often than not, getting there at 9.10pm and finding they weren't serving any more...) It's not as if they are going to miss out.

Very strange...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home