Trevor travels around the world playing piano and singing in various bars, restaurants and hotels These are his musings from his often interesting, amusing or mundane lifestyle...

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Westlife’s – The Love Album

I really don’t know if this has been released or publicized back in Australia, but I just had to write about it.

While I was in Dublin, it was difficult to avoid the posters advertising Westlife’s new album – “The Love Album” featuring their smash hit single “The Rose”. Yes, folks, it has finally happened – “The Rose” is back on the airwaves thanks to a struggling boyband.

Prior to now, my major experience of Westlife was seeing them do a live performance on Dancing With The Stars and thinking, “that guy has great hair – I want my hair to look like that” and then spending some time online hunting down pics to take to the hairdresser (yes, I know that’s a really embarrassing story).

What really drew me in this time, though, was the track list. It reads like all the tacky love songs I’ve ever had to play. The Rose, Total Eclipse of the Heart, All Out of Love (featuring Delta Goodrem – is she still dating Brian McFadden? If so, is it not a major conflict of interests to be duetting with his former boyband??? Do I know too much about this???), You Light Up My Life, Easy, You Are So Beautiful To Me, You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling… HILARIOUS – I know I already mentioned it, but – TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART!!!!

It embarrasses me even more to say that I felt that this was an album I just had to have. I am listening to it right now. It’s pretty much what I expected – bland versions of cheesy songs over-produced as much as possible. The sort of thing that makes me love pop music. I kinda like it – is that the most embarrassing thing I’ve admitted in this post? (as if the hair story wasn’t enough!)

Now I just need get my hands on Human Nature’s Motown Album Volume 2… anyone want to send it over to me? Or would it be too embarrassing to go into a record store and buy it… maybe if you’re on holidays somewhere and know you will never go in that record store again… go on guys… for me… and for boyband lovers everywhere…

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling boy,
Sounds like you're having an amazing time. Am suitably jealous! Can't wait to do Europe with Henry, will be soo good! Keep enjoying ur self and keeping us up to date!
Hugs n stuff,
Pxx

12:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree I couldn't beleive it when I heard Westlife singing "The Rose" I used to love that song! They are coming to Challenge in Feb after posponing their original date to record that new album. I will let you know what they are like live. They are being supported by The YOung Divas. Should be GREAT (not)

1:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's no comment I could make here that your mum could possibly be allowed to read, so HI MRS. JONES! You have a lovely son!

7:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home